The Ten Commandments of Self Storage
- Use boxes that are a uniform size - they will stack much easier and utilize space better.
- Label your boxes for quick ID.
- Bubble wrap and newspaper fragile item.
- As you stack, place heavy boxes on the bottom and lighter on the top.
- Leave walkways between boxes so you can access them easier.
- Half full boxes tend to collapse during storage and stacking.
- For air circulation leave a little space between your unit walls and boxes.
- To prevent mold leave the doors slightly ajar when storing appliances such as refrigerators, washers and dryers.
- NO flammables or combustibles allowed in any of the storage units.
- Photo or Video document your stored items.